Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When is the summit taking place?
- Where is the summit located?
- Will I be able to attend remotely?
- Do I need to wear a mask?
- Why do I need to be a Kubernetes Org member to attend in-person?
- What is a sponsored attendee?
- I am not an Org member. Can I still attend?
- I have an idea for a session. How do I propose it?
- My SIG wants to meet at the Summit
- Will there be a Doc Sprint?
- Will there be a New Contributor Workshop?
- Can I bring a guest to the Contributor Social
- I have a question! How do I contact the event staff?
When is the summit taking place?
October 24th, the Monday of KubeCon North America.
Where is the summit located?
The in-person location at the Huntington Place Convention Center, See the Location & Venue section for more information.
Will I be able to attend remotely?
No, based on our experience with Kubecon NA 2021, we do not expect to be able to support remote access for this event.
Do I need to wear a mask?
All attendees are required to wear masks except when eating or drinking. Eating and drinking should be kept to designated areas.
Why do I need to be a Kubernetes Org member to attend in-person?
We welcome everyone to start contributing to the project, but with 1600+ Kubernetes Org members and limited space and budget requirements we’ve made the decision to limit attendance to those that are already actively engaged with the project.
If you are not yet a member, but active within the project, please consider joining! The process of joining is straight forward. See our org membership docs for more information. If your application to join is pending, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about registering.
What is a sponsored attendee?
If you are a SIG lead or subproject owner and there is someone that is not yet an org member or from another project that might take part in a panel, SIG face-to-face meeting etc, you can sponsor them to attend the summit. Please email us to make arrangements.
I have an idea for a session
A CFP will be lauching mid August, check back soon!
My SIG wants to meet at the Summit
We will provide space for SIG, WG, Committee, and other Kubernetes team meetings at the Summit. If you think your team will want to hold one of these, please use the CFP form to apply.
Will there be a doc sprint?
Yes, SIG-Docs plans to hold a Doc Sprint at the Summit, which will run for the full day from 11am to 5pm.
Will there be a New Contributor Workshop?
No, they are very time, person and resource intensive. We encourage those interested in becoming a contributor to use the New Contributor Course slated to launch later this year.
Until then, here are some additional resources you may find useful:
- New Contributor Workshop 2019 - Barcelona
- New Contributor Workshop 2019 - San Diego
- Kubernetes Contributor Guide
Can I bring a guest to the Social?
Contributors will be allowed to bring a single family member or partner to the social (a “plus one”). See the Social page to request a guest pass.
I have a question! How do I contact the event staff?
You can email us or pop into the #contributor-summit slack channel to ask a question. :)
Was this page helpful?